Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What do I do???

So people ask me all the time: What do you do all day? Then I go through the internal dilemma of what I should say to respond. Grey's Anatomy marathon each day?...probably shouldn't mention that. Eating chocolates while surfing the web?...nah probably not that either. So I decided to compile a list of the things that I do everyday as a stay at home wife.

1) Laundry- I am absolutely amazed at how much laundry 2 people can make. I long for the day we have our OWN washer and dryer and I don't have to go downstairs to get to it.
2) Dishes- when I said I long for the day we have our own washer and dryer, it doesn't even compare to how much I long for the day when we have our own kitchen! With an actual countertop (not a makeshift desk one) and a dishwasher, and all of our wonderful kitchen wedding gifts!
3) Cooking- Matt and I live in the Punk Dorms- aka a hallway filled with other Lieutenants but no other wives. So this means I get to cook a lot. Seeing how I have next to no experience in the kitchen with food other than Easy Mac, it's nice having a bunch of willing guinea pigs. A lot of my day is spent planning what's for dinner.
4) Hanging out with other wives- there are a lot of wives that come and go on the ROK and it's nice to have lunch or coffee with them during the day. They give me a chance to get out and explore more of South Korea
5) Wait on the hubby- I know it sounds lame, but I honestly like waiting around for Matt. He works so hard and I love seeing his face as he walks through the door, and being able to give him a welcome home hug.

I am so happy with the 5 things that I do everyday. So yes, I am happy being a stay at home wife. And yes, I do get bored. But we are so blessed to have this year together with me not working and no deployments on the horizon. Just being together. And that's what I do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment