Friday, August 6, 2010

Baking Delights

Since I have sooo much going on here in Korea (haha...not!) I try to cook/bake something new all the time. This week I wanted to try making my own granola bars because I never like the combinations they have at the store. I also wanted to try this dessert I found on allrecipes.com because it looked so delicious...and because it has a fancy name. Nova Scotia Blueberry Cream Cake! So, I bought the ingredients and gave them both a shot! And surprisingly enough, they both turned out really well!!

First I made the crust! And yes, that's a potato masher...no pastry blenders sold in Korea haha.

Covered the crust in blueberries

Then poured on the sour cream/sugar blend!

Baked it for a while..and voila!

It looks a little strange, but tastes delicious!

Our first slice!

The granola bars were the easiest thing I have ever made! 1.5 cups of oats, half a can of sweetened condensed milk, and then whatever I wanted in them! ...chocolate chips of course! :)

The came out of the pan no problem!

And have been great all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment