Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Korean Adventures

4th of July weekend, Matt had 4 days off so we took the opportunity to explore more of Korea. We ended up going to Seoul for a night to say goodbye to some fellow Juvat buddies. The next day, we went to a national park and hiked up a path to a beautiful waterfall. It misted pretty much the whole hike, and I think it's a miracle I never tripped on the rocky path and face planted...but the few at the waterfall was well worth it!

The waterfall!


















The National Park



That night after visiting the Yellow Sea, and eating at a very raw seafood restaurant (no thanks!) we stayed in a cabin on a river for our next day of adventure!

Yellow Sea!

Seafood...the brownish/red one in the middle is Squid...that still MOVED!

Raw fish...I ate fried chicken :)

So our next day was filled with a little bit more exhilarating events. First a group of us went Bungee Jumping!! I had never been before so I was TERRIFIED. It took me a full 10 minutes to jump off the ledge, but I'm so glad I did it! It was such a crazy/cool feeling. Matt wasn't so thrilled that I went, and was very happy once I was safe on the ground. After that a large group of us went white water rafting- aka Tubing. Our guide did a better job of getting us stuck on large rocks than anything else, and we swam/floated down more of the river than we rafted...but we all still had a great time.

Getting ready for Bungee!

Siren and I ready to go!

Standing out on the ledge!!

Ahh!

I did it!

Bouncing back up!

Just chilling :)

On our way to raft the river!

Mini-snakes

On the river...see how fierce it is!

Swimming in the river.

After our crazy adventure filled weekend was over, one of the Juvat wives hosted a wine tasting. It was a very classy affair for Kunsan Korea standards! We had a great time hanging out with the squadron and learning about some new wines!

No comments:

Post a Comment